Raine Sage
 Posted: Mar 23 2018, 04:14 PM
y/o & 8 posts
Awards: None

Raine Sage

Sorceress // plotter

Don't be scared! Just eat it!
It's only Squid Surprise!
"Oh my god! GENIS! You HAVE to help me!" Raine shouted the instant she came home, startling her little brother right off the couch and face first onto the floor. He sat up and walked over to her, rubbing his nose.

"What's wrong sis?"

"You know that hot principle of yours?"

"Uh...yes and no..." Genis said, "Did he hurt you?! Did he try to take advantage of you? I'll kill him!" He said fiercely and started for a toy on the table with an angry look to his eye. Raine grabbed his shoulder.

"No! Will you listen to me?! I need your help! I did something kind of....well ...nuts!"

He sat on the coffee table and listened, looking all sorts of skeptical.

"Okay so the thing is ....I was in the staff room at lunch eating the leftovers from last night. You know, that amazing stew you made! And those lovely cupcakes! And the nice bread rolls? Well Ichabod noticed and I saw his lunch ....well it kind of sucked! And one thing led to another and he's coming over for dinner. TONIGHT! And I told him I'd cook for him! I need you to-"

"Cook for you and let you pretend YOU made it? No problem sis! I'm glad you admit you can't cook! I'll m- OW!" She'd smacked him upside the head and put her hands on her hips.

"I can TOO cook! NO! What I need for you to do is go shopping. I made a list of all the things I need for tonight! I'll make him my special ham!"

"Not that!" Genis gasped and then, Raine stuffed a credit card into his hand, along with some reusable bags and steered him toward the door.

"He'll love it! Now go! Hurry back! Oh and when you do come back you can go hang out at Lloyd's! I know you! You'll try to improve my food and my cooking CAN'T be messed with! See you soon!" And she shut the door.

Genis sighed and went to the store, looking over the list. "Ham, chocolate, ......tomatoes... sugar ..." He rolled his eyes and stuck it in his pocket. "I wonder how many people will show up to Mr. Crane's funeral."

And so, a few hours later, Raine was in the kitchen, "No no no! Don't do that! Oooo stop stop stop!" she yelped as her pot boiled over while she was trying to make salad. The biggest problem was that the food smelled nice! And it looked good! Everything about it was inviting. Except the taste. The doorbell rang. He couldn't be here already?! She looked at the clock. Right on time! Crap!

She took off her apron and stuffed it into the fridge in her panic, then smoothed out her Skirt and went to the door. Opening it, she smiled and gestured into the house "Hi Ichabod! Come on in. You look great!" and he did! Actually, she thought he always looked great. Of course, she was willing to bet EVERY girl thought he looked great.

words: ### | tag: Ichabod Crane | Notes : Skirt is a link. Poor Icky.
[
PM
^
Ichabod Crane
 Posted: Mar 23 2018, 11:45 PM
y/o & 6 posts

I'll survive,

right?

549 words ▪ for Raine Sage

What the hell was he thinking? He really shouldn't have fallen into the trap, and yet he did. He'd told himself time and time again to not get involved with staff and yet there he was preparing to stand on the doorstep to one very attract--no. No. He was visiting as a friend. That was it. That was what Ichabod was going to continue to tell himself. Even so, he found himself a good ten minutes early than he was supposed to arrive, which meant that the Principal of Storybrooke School chose to remain in his car until the actual time approached. Until then, he found himself a little concerned. Did he really have any right showing up for dinner? What was Genis going to say? Was Genis going to take offense?

Ichabod had been doing well in proving that his former self, Jonathan Deidrich was nothing like the man he really was. Before the curse, he was basically a terrible Principal who was too strict for his own good and generally disliked by everyone. Ever since the curse broke, he was able to show is true self, and prove that he and Jonathan were not at all one in the same. This was a big step in that, as he could prove outside of the school too that he hadn't been well.. what was the word a student had called him once? A douche bag? That. That was it.

When the time was right, Ichabod took a quick moment to glance in the rear view mirror in order to make sure that his somewhat long hair had been brushed neatly enough and that his tie had been adjusted just right. A part of him was kicking himself, was this a date? Should he have just offered to take her out somewhere nice? No. Once again he wondered if he wasn't just getting a bit too far ahead of himself. The last remotely close attempt he had made to a relationship was back in Sleepy Hollow, where his attempts to woo a young and rich Katrina had gone sour. Maybe it was for the best, she likely thought the Headless Horseman had killed him anyhow and devoted her life to making Brom happy instead.. it was fine.

No more stalling! He stepped out from his car and with a slam of the door he then walked up the walkway to the doorstep where he had stood silently after he rang the bell. A quick glance at his pocket watch revealed he was exactly on time, and the gold watch was tucked back into his black slim styled trench coat. A deep breath flowed past his lips as eyes of a black hue had looked upward when he heard some commotion behind the door. His hands came to rest in front of him, at the ready to potentially find himself shaking a hand or offering a hug, what have you.

He had to impress, after all if Raine didn't enjoy the dinner together than it could have sent some bad vibes into the work place, and when Ichabod was so close to getting everything back in order after the curse broke.. he really couldn't afford any further problems. That and well, he also just wouldn't want her to hate him.

PMEmail
^
Raine Sage
 Posted: Mar 24 2018, 12:09 AM
y/o & 8 posts

Raine Sage

Sorceress // plotter

Smiling, Raine stepped aside, Ichabod looked good in a long coat, something about his body structure. "Come in! It's just us tonight. Gen's over at Lloyd's house doing....something. I don't know!" as soon as he was in, she shut the door, "You can put your coat on the back of the chair if you like! I don't have a coat rack." She felt sort of silly for not having one, but she had a closet! Though, telling him to put it in the closet right after offering a chair seemed silly. "I don't have any pets that'll get their fur on it or anything. Wish I did! But with both me and Genis at school all day it wouldn't be fair to it! You know?"

She vanished back into the kitchen and checked her food. The soup was bubbling away merrily, the ham was cooked to perfection and the glaze was....well odd. She'd heard of putting chocolate on chicken and if honey glazed ham was good, then why not chocolate glazed? Her pecan pie would've been perfect if she'd remembered to check the expiration date on the bag and her soup wouldn't've tasted so funny if she hadn't added things that didn't compliment each other very well. Such as avocado and kale. The house itself was nice enough, there was an ornate looking staff in one corner, with a big orb on top made of red glass. It was about as tall as Raine was, and if she'd held it, it would've reached her ear at least.

Along the walls were pictures of the siblings and Lloyd, though as was typical in this town, they were all of them at their current age. On the dinning room table were setting for two at opposite ends so they could talk to one another. She came in carrying her salad, with her homemade dressing which probably didn't taste all that great since she'd added the wrong sort of oil. "So how was your day? Mine was okay. Had some of the usual brats acting up but most of my students are great! I think that when I reenact the Great Ogre wars of the Enchanted Forest I'll have those kids dress up as the ogres and let the other kids shoot them with suction cup darts. Should be harmless fun! And they'll learn stuff. Alright, let's dig in!" She brought everything out, the ham, the soup, and the salad. The pie of course was for last.

She dug into her salad, did it taste.....weird? Nah! She was too used to eating the stuff her brother cooked! She was being spoiled! She crunched her way through a few bites and swallowed then said, "I'm glad you agreed to dinner tonight! I almost had to throw my brother out of the house. He kept insisting that he cook! He thinks that just because it's HIS cooking it's better! But you'll like my cooking too!" her ham! Cooked through and through but..covered in chocolate? It was an....interesting flavor!

words: ### | tag: Ichabod Crane | Notes : No he won't.
PM
^
Ichabod Crane
 Posted: Mar 24 2018, 06:46 PM
y/o & 6 posts

I'll survive,

right?

1136 words ▪ for Raine Sage

When she opened the door and greeted him, he felt his cheeks warming a little. He wasn't too used to hearing compliments, at least those from people who may have mattered if only a little. " Oh, thank you. You look really nice too. " Ugh, not the best, but he wasn't really known as a charmer any how. Which was ironic, given that he could sing pretty decent, and he really liked to dance! But yeah, there was another time for that.. maybe.

" He's a great kid. " Ichabod meant that, Genis was a great student and one what Ichabod was happy to see everyday in the halls. It was funny that he had been sent to his friends, that little bit of information having made his mind wander all over again until he had stopped himself once more. " Neither do I. I've been meaning to purchase one but I never remember. " Crane said with a laugh in his voice, funny enough, he wasn't lying about it! Although the black coat was soon pulled away from his slender build as it was instead folded neatly together and placed on a nearby arm of a chair. " Is this okay? " True it wasn't hanging from the back of his chair, but he imagined that putting it somewhere out of the way was okay too. With his question, he did a quick pat down and nodded when he realized his keys had still been in his coat and his wallet in his back pocket. He hadn't a need for anything else.

" That makes a lot of sense actually, you have the responsibility to handle a pet it seems. You're just a bit caught up in everything else to have the time to devote to it. I'm sure one day you'll be more able and you'll make a lovely pet owner. " He'd considered a pet for himself, maybe a cat or something that was low maintenance, but truth be told he really wasn't sure he could fully commit to it. At times he came home well into the late hours when his day ended normally when the schools dismissal bell rang, and other days he was out and about earlier. It was just a never ending cycle that he couldn't really work around to factor in another living creature. Ichabod said, a smile tugging at the corners of his lips when he looked to her. All kids loved pets, he heard often about new kittens, or new puppies, or long time family pets from students he had.

What was that smell? When she had walked away from him it was time his nostrils took in whatever that scent was. He wanted to say it was a lovely scent, but it was more or less too odd to even call it that. He clapped his hands together and while she was gone he peered towards a mirror that let him fix his tie to straighten the red piece just a bit more. He wore a white dress shirt beneath it with a pair of black pants. While he normally wore a similar fashion in school, he wanted to add just a little more to this one since it was a night out.

When it was time, he followed her into the dining room where he took notice of the pictures on the walls and the all around decor of the home. He really felt it was nice, she had done a good job in decorating it and it had that warm family feel to it, something that Ichabod himself surprisingly knew, but hadn't had for himself. He took a seat just across from her, that way he could speak to her as the two shared dinner. Soon, he watched as more food had come out, it all...looked okay. So that was a plus. He even went to helping himself to some of the salad that had been there, going as far as mixing the dressing that was an odd color. It was okay though, he imagined?

" Don't deal with the brats Raine, send them to me next time. " He said, a hand waving to dismiss them. " At least two of them are already on the fine line of a parent-teacher conference with me and potential suspensions. " He was trying to be fair, as it were children were somewhat forgotten in all that had been happening. It wasn't only the adults who had now remembered who they were, but countless children too! And most of them were still adapting to the realization that who they thought they were had been all a lie. " One of my trouble makers has been telling me for the past week that he's a Fox. It explains why he's so quick I suppose? " He gave a soft laugh, although her idea of the Great Orge War reenactment caught his attention. " That sounds like a wonderful idea! The children can get a good idea of what it was like, you could let the entire school see a production of it! " He did smirk though. " I'm not too sure about the darts though, if a child loses an eye that's a never ending swarm of paperwork on my desk. " He teased. He thought the Headless Horseman was scary? Try angry parents!

At long last though, Crane decided to take a bite of that salad in front of him. At first it seemed fine enough, it was salad for cripes sake! But then that oily taste sank in from the dressing, and that strong hint of kale mixed with a not so subtle taste of Avocado. Ichabod couldn't be rude though, instead lips pushed together and he went for a slow approach to drink the water beside him as it would aid in washing down that food in his mouth that refused to budge.

" Wow.. this is really well Raine. What type of salad is this? " He dabbed in cooking too, although his own cooking was often straight from cookbooks and it sometimes came out wonderful and sometimes it came out awful. He enjoyed the effort though, as he wasn't about to go and pay someone or rely on lousy fast food for a living!

" Does Genis cook as well? " He chuckled at Raine's belief that it was all in part to her brother wanting to cook more. " I do imagine that cooking for your Principal is a great deal of pressure. " He mused slightly. Not that he was some big deal, he really wasn't. " I appreciate that you invited me just the same, I'm happy to be invited into your home. " Now the food, well, he was slowly choking that salad down.. while he really liked that Raine went well and out of her way for him, he also really did wonder if Genis wasn't the better cook of the two!

PMEmail
^
Raine Sage
 Posted: Mar 24 2018, 11:31 PM
y/o & 8 posts

Raine Sage

Sorceress // plotter

She was very glad that she was able to keep herself from blushing or giggling like an idiot. Instead, Raine just smiled and took the compliment easily enough. "He really is! I'm lucky to have a great kid brother like him."

So he didn't have a coatrack either! That was kind of nice, to know that they were similar like that, even if it was just one thing in common. "It's fine! Better than tossing it on the floor or over a lamp." She told him brightly.

"Yes! Once I get the time I'll get a kitten! Maybe over the summer break! That'll give the cat time to get used to things and eventually we'll be able to leave it alone while we're at school." a lovely pet owner? Laughing she said, "I guess we would be. Of course, between my brother and I we'd probably give the kitten some name no one knows the meaning of." Nerds stick together!

After a couple of bites, she sighed and set her fork down and wiped her mouth, "This really is awful isn't it?" She asked quietly and then, she burst into helpless laughter, her face a little bit pink. "Okay so maybe I can't cook as well as my brother but.....his skill level is waaaay up here!" she held a hand over her head, "And mine's only....well it's only a little below his." She didn't want to admit that she was a terrible cook! Not out loud. "Tell you what Ichabod, instead of trying to choke this stuff down and spending the next few hours hating ourselves for it.... why don't we just order a pizza and play a board game or two while we wait? Next time .....next time the three of us can all have dinner together and my brother will cook." she looked at her failed meal and sighed. "That's my biggest problem. I experiment too much and I get distracted too easily! I guess chocolate glazed ham was a terrible idea! But honey glazed ham is great!"

She chuckled and rubbed her arm, a little embarrassed, "Or instead of pizza ....any sort of thing we can order in!" Smiling, a bit chagrined she said "You were really sweet though. Not just making an excuse and trying to eat this .....stuff." She wasn't sure what to do with it now! "I guess I can scrape off the chocolate glaze or something and put it outside for some animals to eat. But ....what if that just brings a big mean BEAR to my door or something? .....Can't donate this stuff to a homeless shelter! That'd be cruel and unusual! .......Oh I'll just toss out the icky ham and put everything else outside away from the house!"

words: ### | tag: Ichabod Crane | Notes : No he won't.
PM
^
Ichabod Crane
 Posted: May 6 2018, 06:37 AM
y/o & 6 posts

I'll survive,

right?

1136 words ▪ for Raine Sage

" I once had a horse named Gunpowder. " Ichabod didn't like to talk too much about his days in Sleepy Hollow, especially those events that led to the night he was chased by the headless horseman, but for the sake of conversation he opted to admit the horses name in which he rode that faithful night. " I'm sure you can imagine he was fast, and yet that's the furthest from the case. In fact, he was as slow as molasses. " Ichabod said, his lips curving into a smile as a chuckle left from his words. That horse was slow! But, getting chased by a much larger steed with a headless demon on board... anything else is slower!

" But that's besides the point, I think a kitten will do you and your brother well. They're mostly independent also, you won't have to worry too much like you do other pets. " He himself had considered a dog here and there, something to sit on his porch with at night or in the morning hours. But ah, with the hours he worked at the school and the things he had to do, the poor pup would have been stuck waiting on his master more often than he should.

The conversation was lovely, just as lovely as his hostess. However, he more than appreciated the chat as it gave him an excuse to not touch that monstrosity on his plate before him. It broke his heart that he really did not like the dish she had made, and while he wanted nothing more to forcibly feed it to himself, he also feared the idea of spilling it back up on her table where she'd not only be hurt but more than likely hate him forever! He cut into the ham once more though as that conversation began to cease and Ichabod found himself facing demons once more in his life when he took a deep breath and prepared for what was to come.

And then she said it. She admitted it was no good. He hoped his dropping his fork hadn't been too obvious that she had literally sounded like the angels themselves from above when she spoke of getting pizza instead. " It was an interesting combo, Raine. " Chocolate glazed cake? He could see the idea, that sweet and salty combo. He had to give her credit for experimenting, there was never anything wrong with that.. other than risking that your guest and yourself may not like it as much as you'd hoped he supposed?

" That sounds like a wonderful idea, I haven't played board games in so long! " And pizza, who was against pizza? Sleepy Hollow never had such a thing, and since his trip to Storybrooke due to the curse, pizza had become one of the most favorite dishes of the school principal. " Great! We can do that, or I can always take you somewhere nice. " Okay that sounded a lot like a date, and while Ichabod had considered that only after those words spilled out from his lips.. he regretted nothing!

OOC: Sorry this took forever!

PMEmail
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Closed
New Poll

Affiliates
Resources & Directories
Static II
Static
Scrolling
CONTENT FOR TAB 2 HERE
Toggle
CFS design by brax