Add Reply
New Poll

To Join The Workforce, Tag: Mary margaret
Lucy Westenra
 Posted: Oct 5 2017, 10:19 AM
y/o & 15 posts
Awards: 3

Lucy looked around the loft. It was a quaint space decorated with items she was used to seeing. It was unlike most of the town. She hardly recognized much of the things used. The traveling contraptions were vaguely familiar; there had been similar rides back in her time, but these were faster and louder. The cold and freezing boxes were amazing. She never could imagine a time where ice cream was a regular staple. Entertainment was instantaneous.

A click or push of a button and either music or some sort of play were piped into the house. The lighting was amazing. With a flick of a switch the brightness turned on and another flick the light turned off. She was most amazed by the lighting, though. No more need for lanterns or candles or oil. She just had a switch and the glass orbs were illuminated. "What magic is this?" She whispered, starring in awe at the lights as they came on and off. “It’s so easy and so effortless. Why wasn’t this created sooner?”

She giggled. She couldn’t help it. This modern place had its perks, even if it often left her in a state of confusion and discomfort. These lights, though, they were marvels. Lucy knew she ought to be working. David had hired her to clean the loft. But the lights were too intriguing. How did they work? The magic of it left her feeling dumbfounded. Perhaps the library would have an answer, she thought. That seemed like a good outing after work was done for the day.

She heard a rustle of keys. There was a click of key in lock. The doorknob rattled. There was another turn of key and then the doorknob again. The door swung open. “Hello,” Lucy greeted as her hand fell from the door. “I’m Lucy and I didn’t break in….”

Mary Margaret

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
Mary Margaret
 Posted: Nov 19 2017, 10:52 PM
y/o & 17 posts
Awards: 7

It had been a long day and all Snow wanted to do was go home and have a cup of cocoa. Testing was going on and she felt wiped out trying to keep fourth graders in line so they could do their best. It was like herding cats sometimes and she was worn out but she couldn’t imagine doing anything else. Life was good and she wanted to enjoy it while she could. She walked to the loft and undid the top lock and then the bottom.

Stepping into the room she saw a lovely young woman in the hallway. Figuring that a robber wouldn’t announce themselves Snow smiled, “Give me a moment and you can tell me why you’re here.” She said simply as she put her keys down in a tray by the door and hung up her coat. Moving about the small space she heated some water for tea. “What kind of tea do you like?” she asked as she pulled down some chamomile for herself, “I’ve got several different varieties to choose from. Or I can make cocoa.”

Keeping busy she let the other woman get settled and beckoned to the stools across from her, “So tell me, what brings you to my loft?” Given all that she had been through Snow was not easily surprised anymore and could take things in stride that would panic others.

Once the water was whistling she poured it into the two cups putting a generous dollup of honey in hers to make up for the tiredness she felt. She still had a stack of papers to grade and that was not counting the grocery run she needed to do before David came home. Blowing on her tea slightly to cool it she sipped it carefully before pulling down a tray and placing some lemon bars on it for her and her guest.

Lucy Westenra
PMWebsite
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll

Affiliates
Resources & Directories
Static II
Static
Scrolling
CONTENT FOR TAB 2 HERE
Toggle
CFS design by brax