Add Reply
New Poll

Shouldering The Past To The Present, Tag Mary Margaret ; World: Storybrooke
Neal Cassidy
 Posted: Sep 10 2016, 10:58 PM
http://38.media.tumblr.com/5a6caf1be74b336b991a4ff3c45341a7/tumblr_n2aweeNk5M1t7r5nqo4_250.gif y/o & 62 posts
http://morethanstories.jcink.net/index.php?showtopic=42
Awards: 9

Sleep – that should have been calling. While it wasn’t really late (10 in the evening, tops), the last twelve hours had been exceedingly active. He’d reunited with Emma and feelings he’d tried (and failed) to burry resurfaced ferocity. With her appearance came the revelation that he was a father; Neal had a ten-year-old son! Somehow, Neal figured he’d messed the whole relationship up even though they had not really had a chance to bond. And of course he had reunited with his father after a hundred and fifty years. That, well, that was interesting.

Before he knew it, his father’d been gravely injured by none other than Captain Hook (yet another long overdue reunion). Making a swift call he left a message for Tamara and found himself on a former home – the Jolly Roger. Splitting his time between tending to his father and spending time with his son, with Henry, the time flew by. Whenever Emma came into his periphery, he’d watch her, too. Some of the ride to Storybrooke was studying the blond. Nervous flutters filled his stomach every time he spotted her.

Within a few hours, the odd group of sailors arrived in Storybrooke. He found out of place. He didn’t belong here. Granted, Neal did not think he belong anywhere. Charming greeted them and helped Neal get his wounded father inside the pawn shop. All the while someone explained who Neal exactly was.

He found mixed emotions. He was damn proud of being a father. But he was afraid. What would they think of him? Would they send him away? He was the Dark One’s son. No one trusted Dark One offspring. He tried not to think of about it. He tried not thinking about how he’d left Emma or about how he’d left his son. He tried not to think about how he was engaged to a woman he didn’t love, but didn’t know how to leave. He failed at not thinking.

He also failed at sleeping or eating or drinking. He failed at leaving well enough alone. Neal realized he couldn’t stay still. His father was resting and was being watched over by someone. Neal didn’t catch the person’s name nor did he care to ask. So he left the pawn shop and headed to the Blanchard loft. Coming to the door, he knocked and waited in hopes Mary Margaret was awake and there.

--------------------
user posted image
PMWebsite
^
Mary Margaret
 Posted: Oct 4 2016, 04:31 AM
y/o & 17 posts
Awards: 7

user posted image

Nighttime was when she had time to think and work on the paperwork of her job. It also gave her time to think and time to figure out what she needed to do for her family. It made her feel like she was contributing to the town in her own small way. It was her bit of service to a community that had taken care of her and gave her a chance to give back.

Emma and Neal being together was a good thing in her mind. It gave Emma the stability she craved and it gave Henry a chance to know his father. He’d gone nine years without knowing his parents and it was good to give him some stability in his teen years. This was a good thing. He now had a big family that he could turn to for advice and connections to people he hadn’t had

She didn’t know who would be knocking on the door at this hour. She put down the papers she was grading and stretched a moment before walking over to the door and opening it. She was wearing sensible beige flats, beige slacks and a white blouse with a pink cardigan. She wore a vanilla body spray and had a gold watch on her wrist. When she opened the door and saw Neil she smiled, “Neil come in. How are you? It’s good to see you.” She said as she moved aside to let him in and smiled “How are you?”

She moved towards the kitchen and gestured to the table where she had the papers she was grading and her laptop open to the grading program. “I’ll make some tea.” She offered as she moved to the kitchen and began preparing the tea. Turning on the tap to fill the kettle and then turning on the burner and setting the kettle on it. She then pulled down the boxes of tea, “Would you like Earl Gray or Chamomile?” She asked as she put a Camomile tea bag in a cup and filled it with sugar. She set to the task of pulling out condiments for tea. Sugar, milk, lemon and a bit of lemon loaf from what she had made earlier in the day. She placed slices of lemon loaf on two plates and settled everything on a tray then carried it over to the table. “Have a seat.”
user posted image

PMWebsite
^
Neal Cassidy
 Posted: Nov 12 2016, 11:44 PM
http://38.media.tumblr.com/5a6caf1be74b336b991a4ff3c45341a7/tumblr_n2aweeNk5M1t7r5nqo4_250.gif y/o & 62 posts

He paced - back and forth, back and forth. Standing still wasn’t his thing when nervous. Granted, that did not happen often or easily. He’d lived a long time that not a whole lot fazed him. If ever there was a time to be nervous, though, this was it. He was standing at the door of Emma’s mom’s loft wanting to talk and explain himself and his actions. None of the words in his head seemed right, though. Every word made him seem atrocious. How could he have left her all those years back?

He took a deep breath. Heart hammered beneath his ribcage. Maybe coming was the wrong thing. Maybe he should just turn around and leave. No, that was the coward thing. Staying and facing Emma’s mother was the brave thing. Now was not to be a coward. Now was the time to be a strong person. He needed to be that man and show he wasn’t going to flake out and run away from his son or from Emma – even if they weren’t together.

He stepped back when the door opened. He gave a feeble smile to Mary Margaret as well as a slight nod. “Thanks. I’m glad I didn’t wake you. I know it’s late,” he replied, entering the loft once she stepped aside. His eyes moved about the space. “You have a beautiful home.” At her question, he blinked. He just stared. No one asked him that. He didn’t know how to respond. His throat tightened with emotion and he just shrugged. He’d try to answer later. Neal didn’t trust his voice right then. Frankly, he didn’t trust his legs, either, as he felt very unsteady.

He followed her movements. She moved around as if this was completely normal. “Chamomile is file, thank you. It’s late and I already can’t sleep,” he replied. Earl Gray would make sure he did not sleep at all tonight. At the instruction to sit, he moved over to the table. Before he sat down, he pulled a chair out for Mary Margaret. Neal clasped his hands in front of him as he stared at the tray of condiments, but Neal did not move to take any for his tea. “I’m overwhelmed. I’ve never been a dad before and my experience with dads hasn’t been the best. It’s hard to be around him. He left me when I was a kid so I don’t really know how to act around him. He understands that I’m mad at him. I’m surprised Henry’s not mad at me. He’s a good kid. I want to be a good dad for him.”

Mary Margaret

--------------------
user posted image
PMWebsite
^
Mary Margaret
 Posted: Dec 31 2016, 12:17 AM
y/o & 17 posts
Awards: 7

user posted image

She watched him as he stood there. Her green eyes showing concern as he tried to articulate his troubles. With Neal it could be any number of things and she really didn’t know how she could help him. He always seemed to have a good head on his shoulders and he had gotten to live hundreds of years elsewhere. He had far more experience than Snow had and she just hoped the advice she could give him would help.

“Don’t worry about that. My door is always open to you.” she gestured to the small kitchen that the loft boasted of. The place was a shoe box but it was all hers and she loved every inch of it. “Thank you.” She said to his compliment as she waited for him to sort himself out. To keep herself busy she began making tea, putting the tea bags in a tea pot and heating up the kettle. There would be plenty of time to let him get to his story. She collected the sugar, honey and some lemon juice and placed it on the breakfast bar in front of him, not knowing how he liked his tea. The chamomile tea would help relax him and keep him calm.

Listening to the jumbled mess that Neal burst out with Snow sat down, “Lets handle one thing at a time. First, be the dad to Henry that you wanted your father to be to you. You know what a bad parent would do so just don’t do that. You know that honesty and being there for your child are important so just be there for Henry when he needs you. You don’t have to make up for lost time you just have to deal with the time you have now. Hang out with him. Go to the movies. Find out what video games he likes and if he’s into sports or wants to join the baseball team.” She smiled reassuringly at him, her green eyes friendly as she sipped her tea.

“As for your father…well every parent makes mistakes. I think he is trying really hard to do better but addiction is a hard beast to shake. It limits your choices and it seems to me that Rumplestiltskin never had anyone to teach him what the good options were. You don’t have to make up for lost time just take it slow. A cup of coffee. Maybe lunch at Granny’s? Maybe you go out to eat with him and Belle. She’s a good person to break the ice with. Just take your time and don’t force it. I’m sure you’ll find that under the addiction he does love you. He just needs help working past it.”
user posted image
PMWebsite
^
Neal Cassidy
 Posted: Mar 7 2018, 12:18 PM

When Mary Margaret watched him, he felt a bit self-conscious. He was not really used to being watching. Hell, he was not used to being around many people. In Manhattan he had spent time with Tamara and he had seen people at work (on occasion), but his job left a lot of alone time. Did he like living like that? Not really. But, the centuries in Neverland and times of abandonment had led to that lifestyle. He did not know how to act while under scrutiny.

“I’m sorry for putting your daughter in the position for going to jail all those years ago. I didn’t think,” he blurted, biting his lower lip and looking down at the ground and studied the whitewashed wood floors as if they were the most interesting things in the world. Well that probably made things just as awkward for this whole outing. At her offer about the door being open for him, he raised his head and gawked. She couldn’t be serious, could she? “You’re very kind, considering who I am and who my father is. I would think I’d be about enemy number two or three. I broke your daughter’s heart and I’m the son of the Dark One.” Those two things seemed like reasonable markers against him.

“Yeah, okay. We can do that. One step at a time seems like a pretty good idea. I think that’ll be pretty easy. I mean I’m not the Dark One so that’s a start. My papa, believe it or not, was a good father before all the Dark One crap entered our lives,” he agreed as he traced a knot in the wood tabletop. He wasn’t sure how to take it one step at a time, but he would try. “I don’t even know if Emma wants me to stick around or if she wants me around Henry. I don’t want to mess up their lives. They have all this and I’m just an outside who doesn’t know how to play baseball.” He gestured around the room to mean he was talking about this life.

He let out a chuckle and shook his head. “Yeah, well, most fathers don’t murder in front of their children. Most fathers don’t let them drop through portals into the unknown. Who my father was before being the Dark One is long gone,” he replied, taking a bit of sugar and putting in his chamomile tea. He sat in silence, thinking about what Snow said. “I’m not sure we’re ready for a family dinner, but coffee maybe. I’m not sure I’m ready for a family dinner. It seems like a big step. I’m still mad at him. I’ve still got a lot of hurt. I don’t know if that’s fair or not, but it is what it is.”

Mary Margaret

--------------------
user posted image
PMWebsite
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll

Affiliates
Resources & Directories
Static II
Static
Scrolling
Toggle
CFS design by brax
. CFS Script by Black mini profile coded by tayter @ shine